Friday, August 31, 2012

Furniture getting ready for upholstering

I inherited my grandma's Queen Anne style furniture. She used to upholster the pieces herself when she was changing her décor, which was often. I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. The pieces are in pretty good shape, according the the upholsterer and the job will be done easily, for a cost however. Upholstery is hard work, but nothing equals furniture that has history, and a story. Here are the before pictures. I still need to chose my fabric, which is a process you can't really rush.



I also love estate sales. Here is a find from a south side estate sale that will also get an upholstery treatment.


And finally the famous pink chairs! For those of you who have been to our house, you remember these. Some people suggested I should keep these Salvation Army treasures the way they are, but I finally made my decision. They'll get it done too! They are the most amazing find ever!



The "after" pictures will come soon after I find the fabric. The upholsterer is great and should be done with all pieces in 10 days after he starts. Stay tuned!


3 comments:

  1. I like the pink chairs too!! I suppose it will have to work in with your design scheme, but I like them. I reminds me of my great aunt Lavergne's chair. She was my dad's aunt through marriage. She and my dad's uncle owned the Glenview Country Club back in the day and lived in Wilmette. They had so many beautiful pieces like these, but my favorite was the hot pink chair she had! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, you guys are making me doubt, again! Hahaha! Sonya, there has to be some French ancestors in your past with a name like Lavergne?

    ReplyDelete