Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Result and the Next Challenge - Day 2

Ok, so last night's recipe did not turn out that great...  The Chive purée was kind of bland, the fish as well, with just that coat of Dijon, and the potatoes did need that chive purée to really stand out.  The presentation was also monochromatic.  I will not try this recipe again and I give it a 1/5.

So for my second night, I will be making Chicken Scarpariello, a chicken sauteed in a lemon glaze with peppers, as well as Mixed Vegetable and Farro Soup (from the Vegetable Counter at NYC Eataly).  Both seem easy to execute and the chicken is a quick dish perfect for a weeknight dinner.

I always love making a soup, eat it for dinner and freeze the rest.  Soups are amazing for lunch during the weekend, when people don't really take time to eat lunch, because they had breakfast so late.

More details about the success tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment